Law Office of Alan Kansas, LLC

Getting Compensation for Your Employer’s Failure to Pay Wages

You work hard for every dollar you earn and should be compensated accordingly. If you have been denied overtime compensation, earned bonuses, or have worked unpaid hours off the clock, you may be entitled to compensation.

At The Law Office of Alan Kansas, L.L.C., I leverage nearly 15 years on both sides of employment law complaints to help get you the money you deserve for unpaid overtime or other wage and hour disputes.

If you believe you are owed for unpaid overtime or have been refused pay for hours worked outside of your shift, contact my New Orleans area office online or call (504) 300-0071.

Getting the Pay You Deserve

My experience in the employment law field has given me insight into a number of wage related infractions, including situations in involving:

  • Nonpayment for “off the clock” work and reduction of pay by tampering with time records.
  • Employees who take time to don special gear who are entitled to pay during the dressing process.
  • Mislabeling employees as independent contractors and denying overtime pay for any hours worked beyond the 40 hour work week.
  • Employees who get a salary and no overtime pay for what is nonexempt work including those in positions titled assistant manager, shift supervisor, field service technician and engineer are all common overtime violations.
  • Compensation in vacation hours instead of increased wages for overtime hours worked.
  • Tipped employees being forced to share tips with management or non-tipped employees.

Leveraging my years in employment law practice, I can help you get the money you deserve.

Nonpayment of Wages

Having an experienced employment law attorney on your side can greatly increase your chances of recovering payment for a number of nonpayment situations.

  • Have you earned a bonus at work and have been denied the extra income?
  • Were you shorted pay for a number of hours over the course of your employment?
  • Are you leaving your job and your employer refuses to pay your accrued vacation time?
  • Has your employer made unauthorized deductions from your paycheck?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, I can help you get the money you are entitled to get. Using my experience as a defense lawyer, I will negotiate with your employer on your behalf to get you the pay that you have worked so hard for.

Contact my office to discuss your wage and hour or non payment concerns today.

Alan Kansas, Esq.

Get your questions answered. Call Now at
(504) 300-0071. I will get back to you soon.